Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1, 2009







We traveled to Bienvbille Square this afternoon for Jazz Fest and I was amazed that we found a parking spot next to the park so quickly. It was only after I set down on a wet bench and asked a friendly "musician-type" bearded dude when the music was supposed to start that I was informed the event had changed venues to 351 Water Street. For those of you who have never been to Club 351, let me tell you that from the outside it looks a bit "seedy". Suprisingly enough, everyone inside was extremely friendly and I immediately felt comfortable, even more so when Donna Hyatt began blowing sax. Great little trio with drums and Hammond B-3 organ. They had moved over to the club due to impending rain all afternoon and no-one likes getting 110 VAC through their hand when they reach for a wet microphone. Can't blame them for that! Stayed for about an hour and a half and was pleased with all the great sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment