Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 22, 2009


I spent a good portion of my day fielding phone calls about the Community Yard Sale coming Sat. Oct. 3rd. We now have a good number of booth spaces sold with many of them being non-Chickasaw citizens. It is fun to talk with them because almost every single caller grew up here in our city. If this is an indication of next years: Chickasaw "Coming Home" 2010 (Year Of Smalltowns), it should be a huge success. There is sad news from Saraland where I heard that DreamScapes (the Art Gallery) on Highway 43 is going out of business, due to the toll encumbered by the weak economy. Lucinda Ray informed me that all original art would be discounted 50% until it is gone. I will be attending the Chickasaw council meeting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment