Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010


After church I had a great breakfast at Spot Of Tea and thought since I was downtown, I would go out Michigan Ave. to the "Convoy Of Hope" show appearing at Ladd/Peebles Stadium and see what it was all about. It apparently was about getting groceries and clothes for FREE. I've never seen so many people pushing and shoving to secure freebies in a long time. I had no intention of entering the stadium, but I hope they saved some merchandise for Haiti just out of respect.

While I was on my way home from the food store, I thought I would hit one of the intersections that Ervin Dailey was collecting for Salvation Army delivery to Haiti. I was sure he would be there, because three people called me before I left for downtown asking where he was going to set up collection points. Since I am the one who secured his permits, I knew that we had taken care of that task. When I pulled up to the stop sign at Kansas and Lee there was no-one. Oh well at least he'll be at Hwy. 43 and Sutherland. Not a chance! It hadn't rained since noon, so that couldn't be it. Did he get sick? Did he forget? Somebody clue me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment