Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6, 2009

At 7:45 AM, I was standing in the Pro Shop of Springhill Country Club watching Dr. Ervin Dailey spend big-money on a pair of golf shoes. Mine were purchased back in 1992 and I'm going to keep them until they crumble and disintegrate. After a quick sausage and biscuit furnished by the Kiwanis, and hitting a few balls it was time for the team organizers to send us into the fray. My foursome made up of Ervin Dailey, Dennis Brown (pastor of St. Michaels), Jim Trout (mayor ex-officio) and myself tee-off for hole 1 (at 09:30 AM) This is a game of "scramble" (furthest ball hit and closest to the hole counts). After the first nine, Ervin had to leave for a doctors appointment and the rest of us had some liquid refreshment. On the back nine we were getting better with Dennis hitting for Ervin and calling the best shot his . We actually beat last years score so we didn't come in dead last. After five hours and a full 18, we returned to the clubhouse for chicken tenders, salad, shrimp pasta and cookies. I wouldn't admit it to my colleagues, but my feet were near mandatory amputation by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment