Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 2009


This afternoon I had a meeting with our Mayor and as soon as I returned it was time to go to the Christmas Party thrown by my model train club. We had a choice of The Kiwanis Party at Catfish Junction, The St. Thomas Parish Council or the Civic Theatre. While I'm sure we would have enjoyed any of them immensely, I had reserved tickets for the railroad modelers several months ago at the Original Oyster House. You can't imagine how thick the fog was getting across the Causeway, but we made it due to the skillfull driving of my bride. Dinner was great with old friends and we actually won one of the door prizes which was a box of golf balls and tees engraved with the Norfolk Southern Railway logo. Besides, how can you beat crawfish and fried oysters?

No comments:

Post a Comment