Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009


Someone at City Hall must have been confused about what belongs to Chickasaw and what doesn't. I got two calls wanting to know the minimum age to get into ChickasawBogue Park. At first I thought they meant Brooks Park, but soon I realized these people wanted to take their kids swimming. I communicated with the Mayor about having a ribbon cutting for the new restaurant on Lee Street opening July 11,
2009. He gave the OK, so the Chamber will be there to welcome them into the city as well. I noticed that the signs have gone up warning boaters to have their craft out of the water by 2:00 PM on July 4th, so fireworks "peepers" can picnic and see the show. There is talk of a shuttle bus running from Chickasaw Math and Science School back and forth to Brooks Park that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment